Purpose of collecting personal data
We collect and use your personal data:
- to process your membership application or renewal;
- to verify your identity;
- for direct marketing purposes to send you information, newsletters and other materials about us and event invitations both in print and in electronic form (see “Direct marketing” below);
- to make your personal data available to other members of the Irish Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) to facilitate networking among members (see “Direct marketing” below);
- to collate data and prepare reports on our operations;
- to liaise with organisations or entities with similar objectives to our organisation;
- to liaise with Government departments and agencies, whether in Hong Kong, the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland;
- to communicate with you regarding your membership and assist with your queries;
- to promote the interests, or otherwise furthering our objectives; and
- to make such disclosures as required by applicable laws.
If you choose not to provide personal data to us, we may not be able to provide you with the information or services you require.
We intend to use your name, mailing address, phone numbers and email address for direct marketing purposes to send you information, newsletters and other materials about us and event invitations. We cannot use your personal data for direct marketing without your consent (or indication of no objection). If you consider this use of your personal data unacceptable, please indicate your objection by emailing email@example.com.
We intend to display your photograph, name, company and contact details (phone numbers and email address) on our website’s members’ area. Only ICC members have access to the members’ area. Other ICC members may view your personal data and use them to contact you for purposes including direct marketing. We cannot display your personal data without your consent (or indication of no objection). If you consider this use of your personal data unacceptable, please indicate your objection by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of personal data we collect
We collect the following types of personal data:
- personal contact information such as name, telephone number, fax number, email address and mailing address; and
- work-related information such as job title, name of company and nature of business.
Transfer or disclosure of personal data
We will not transfer, sell or trade your personal data to third parties except the specific classes of data transferees listed in this paragraph. Personal data collected and held by us will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for us to (a) comply with statutory or legal obligations or requirements, or (b) provide services to you, or (c) carry out the original purposes, or a directly related purpose specified above, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- other members of ICC (see “Direct marketing” above) and
- competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, Office of the Communications Authority or other governmental, statutory or regulatory authorities, institutions or organizations; and
Some of the persons to whom we disclose personal data are situated outside Hong Kong (in particular the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland).
Access, correction and queries
You have the right to request access to and the correction of your personal data held by us. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for complying with your data access request. When you request access, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. If you wish to exercise such rights or if you have any query in relation to this statement, please contact:
The Vice Chairman,
Irish Chamber of Commerce of Hong Kong
Consulate General of Ireland
20F, 33 Des Voeux Road
Central, Hong Kong