The Irish Chamber has its roots in a group of Irish business leaders who in 1989 yearned for a platform to network and develop opportunities in Hong Kong. The Chamber was formally incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in 2007.
We endeavour to be as inclusive and relevant as possible. We believe that without attracting new members among the local population in Hong Kong, as well as members of the business community from Northern Ireland, would only serve to limit our potential. We believe we can facilitate even better representation for our members in the development of better cultural links and commercial opportunities between Hong Kong and Ireland.
The Chamber has a number of objectives including:
- To be truly representative of both the Irish and local business community in Hong Kong on a broader level.
- To continually improve the benefits of being a member through the introduction of well proven initiatives such as a business mentorship program for our under 35 members.
- To promote even closer cultural and commercial ties between The Island of Ireland and Hong Kong.
- To be proficient in conducting focus groups to gather information and coordinate forums that involves government, businesses, chamber board, and the community to discuss issues and/or challenges facing the community.
Specialist Industry Working Groups
The Irish Chamber has a number of special working groups to promote and connect business in the following sectors:
- Education Working Group
- Hospitality Working Group
- Mentorship Working Group
- Technology Working Group
- Professional Services Working Group
- Sports Working Group
Irish Chamber of Commerce of Hong Kong Limited
20F., 33 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong
Young Irish Professionals group: firstname.lastname@example.org